When you walk into a bar to ask about door times for a show and the band you’re there to see is doing soundcheck and then the lead singer walks by you as you sit outside, waiting to go back in and you’re knitting, this is what happens.
Hey, I had hours to kill. In my defense, Doug did say it was impressive…
Also, this show. Oh. Em. Gee. These guys are so good and Doug Robb sounds amazing live. Also, I’m sure that when I go through my pictures, more than 50% of them will be Dan Estrin’s feet. I have a thing for his pedal work.
… discovering that you can read and knit at the same time. Don’t know why I’ve never tried it before.
…and when fall is in the air, my scarf shop on Etsy starts to get busy.
This infinity cowl has just been relisted.
As a complusive knitter, I knew I had to add this to my Eye Love Stitchery line –
I Heart Knitting
As my creativity is zero right now in the humor department, I’ll share one of my compulsions.
I knit. Alot. Really – very much alot. I have to keep my hands busy and one of the ways that I do this is knitting. I currently have 4 totes of scarves that I’ve made. One of the totes is full of scarves that I have listed in my Etsy shop – HandKnit ScarfShop. The others are waiting to get listed.
My current faves are pullover cowls / neckwarmers made from a really bulky yarn. They’re huge and offer a great deal of neck and throat coverage. I’m big on this – if my neck is warm, I’m warm. They can also be worn multiple ways – they can lay flat for full neck and throat coverage, can be folded over for a collared look or can be gathered for a looser feel.
Thick and Plush Dusky Purple Cowl Scarf Neckwarmer
Keep your neck warm, look fab and help make sure that my house doesn’t become over run with scarves.
I do not agree with your points for the following reasons –
1. Why do I need a robot to knit for me? I knit due to a compulsive need to keep my hands busy. How does Knit-o-matic version 3.5 help with that? Oh, and I do just fine selling my technology free scarves, thanks.
2. Making snarky comments to the super cute science teacher in the seat opposite me is not the way to get a date. “If they can’t answer an 8th year physics question, I know they only do general science.”
3. Are you serious that a child isn’t raised correctly / properly if they’re not doing Calculus in 8th grade? I was lucky to pass Algebra II, and I went to a school for the gifted. Some of us are not mathematically inclined.
4. Classes like PE aren’t necessary? Have you heard about childhood obesity? Let’s just stop trying to get our kids on a healthy track. Heaven forbid, a child loses out on an extra science or math class so that they can play some basketball.
5. Regarding your assumption that the science teacher and I must know each other because we were both knitting, had a bag for our knitting and were wearing, wait for it – coats, are you just brilliant and moronic? Lots of people knit and it helps to keep the knitting separate. As for the coats – dude, it was 35 out last night. Everyone was wearing coats, even you.
6. I think you need to go back to the sign shop – the giant Virgin sign blinking in bright neon over your head isn’t quite big enough.